Budgen Motor Group Privacy Statement
Budgen Motors and Budgen Motor Group are trading names of Ellisa Motors Limited
Budgen Motor Group is committed to the security of the data we hold on individuals. This documentation will set out how we use your personal data and ways in which it is collected. We will also provide details of what steps we take to ensure the security of your data.
•If you contact us directly, via our website or our customer services teams - through applying for one of our products or services, or to
•make an enquiry or other request.
•From our network of franchised dealers, to whom you have given your information.
•Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
•If you apply for a position within the Budgen Motor Group
How we may use your personal data
Where you have provided consent;
Budgen Motors uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes and we may contact you to update you in accordance with your selected marketing preferences.
- via email, text message, post or telephone with offers, services and other related products.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communication at any time by;
- Changing your marketing preference by selecting the 'amend my preferences' link located at the bottom of each of our emails.
- Responding via the links included in response to a text message.
- Contacting Budgen Motors via the contact details set out in this notice.
Where there is a legitimate interest;
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our Legitimate Interest as a business for the following purposes;
When visiting our website, we may collect data directly from you as set out in this notice, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both online and in dealership, along with your previous response to marketing communications. The results of this data (collected by Cookies) allow us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use automated profiling software.
Website Banner Marketing
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites including but not limited to search engines and social networking. Any banner advertisement you will see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our website on your computer or other devices.
These advertisements are provided by Budgen Motors using 'Cookies' placed on your computer or other device. You can remove or disable cookies at any time.
You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the social media platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it receives from us.
For accuracy of data
In order to keep our data up to data and accurate improvements may be made to our database e.g. by consolidating records we hold about you.
We may need to process your data to manage your queries, complaints, or claims and may result in us contacting you by the contact details you have previously provided.
Where required to perform a Contract with you;
We may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you including for the following purposes;
- To exchange information for warranty/ aftersales to the relevant manufacturer of your vehicle.
- The purchase of a vehicle.
Where it is in your Vital Interest;
We may use your personal information to contact you if there are urgent safety or product recall notices to communicate to you or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information may prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
Where required to comply with our Legal Obligation;
We will use your personal data to comply with our Legal Obligation including: (i) to assist HMRC, the Police, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or any other public authority or criminal investigation body; (ii) to identify you when you contact is; and (iii) to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you.
Disclosing personal information
· We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
· We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
· We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
· to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
· in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
· in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
· to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Informing you about our products and services:
We may use your information to contact you with news regarding products or services provided/sold by Budgen Motor Group
We may contact you by post, phone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you by emailing or writing to us using the details at the end of this notice. This will be provided in a readable format (CSV) free of charge. We may not provide you with a copy of your information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
Correcting and updating your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us via the details at the end of this notice.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, as set out under ‘How we use your personal data’ section, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this notice. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do this by selecting the ‘amend my preferences’ link located at the bottom of our emails. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
· We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z3459417
Data Protection Officer
· Any Data Protection issues can be directed to The Business Development Team via or by writing to
The Business Development Team, Featherbed Lane Shrewsbury SY1 4NN
ABOUT SEARCH OPTICS
YOUR PRIVACYAt SEARCH OPTICS, your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used from visitors to our websites, located at the following domain: searchoptics.ie, and our customer websites (“Sites”). To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our home page and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT A SEARCH OPTICS SITEHere are the types of information we may collect from you when you visit an SEARCH OPTICS site:
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post messages on any message boards or blogs on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Information, such as at other points in our Site that state that information being collected.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network
- identify you as a user in our system
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services
- provide the Services you request
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created
- send you administrative e-mail notifications with your consent, such as security or support and maintenance advisories
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company